*Displaying 2017 info. Prices and details subject to change. 2018 info coming soon...
WHO ARE WE?
Here at iKids Day Camp, we are a group of people who love kids and strive to create a fun, exciting and unique place for them to spend the summer! Our goal is to ensure that you are 100% confident that your children are in safe hands while at camp. With that in mind, each of our camp staff are trained in First Aid/CPR, have completed a Child Abuse Registry Check and Criminal Record Check, and have also taken our Child Abuse Prevention and Protection Training – a program specifically designed to help provide a safe and secure environment.
HOW LONG HAVE WE BEEN RUNNING?
Based out of Immanuel Pentecostal Church, we first opened our doors to the Lindenwoods/River Heights community in 2009. Our church is blessed with an amazing facility, and after considering the need for childcare within the community, we began exploring the possibility of offering a Day Camp program during the summer months. That first summer, we opened our doors to a humble 12 campers, and now, over seven years later, we average 50 – 75 campers per week, and offer five separate weeks of Day Camp during the months of July and August.
WHAT MAKES OUR CAMP UNIQUE?
1) SIZE - In creating our Day Camp program, we wanted to use the fact that we have such a large Church facility to our advantage. When Day Camp is running, we try to use each room within our Church to its fullest potential! Our full size gym is where the most action takes place. It houses various games, stations, activities and even a full size bouncer! That said, we have a number of smaller classrooms and multi-purpose rooms that house different activities and stations throughout the day.
2) THEMES - We also strive to have a unique theme each week of camp, which we use to help structure the morning activities. One of the main reasons we do so, is because we know that many of our campers attend all five weeks of camp, and we want to keep the summer adventure exciting! Our themes vary year to year, week to week, and have included Outer Space, the Wild West, a Jungle Safari, the High Seas, Cave Quest, Everest and many more!
3) VBS FOCUS – Another thing that makes our Day Camp unique is that our mornings are structured in a Vacation Bible School format. Meaning that we have the opportunity to use our morning activities to share the love of Jesus! Our VBS mornings start and end the same way each day- with all of our campers gathered to sing songs, watch video clips, listen to skits and get excited about what the day has to offer! Then the campers head from station to station – including games, crafts, science experiments, Bible stories, snack and so much more! Nothing excites us more than seeing our campers getting excited about Jesus.
4) FIELD TRIPS – After our morning VBS program has ended and our campers have enjoyed their lunch,
it’s time to head out on an afternoon field trip – which is many of our campers’ favorite part of the day. The goal of our afternoon field trip is to allow our campers the opportunity to get out into the community and enjoy a special treat. Whether swimming at Bonivital Swimming Pool, the hands-on atmosphere at the Science Museum, bowling at Windsor Park Bowling Lanes, rock climbing at Vertical Adventures, sliding at Great Big Adventure or seeing the different animals at the Assiniboine Park Zoo, our campers always have a blast!
5) EARLY DROP-OFF | LATE PICK-UP – We also understand that many of our campers have parents with busy work schedules. In order to help with scheduling, we offer early drop-off or late pick-up for only $5.00 per hour, per child. During this time, campers have the opportunity to play individual games with counselors, draw pictures, play outside, jump in our bouncer or even play a game of mini stick hockey with friends! This “free time” has become so popular that we have even seen campers with stay-at-home parents ask to stay at camp late! How fun is that?!
Our camp is offered to kids ages 5 – 12. However, we also know that such a large age range means that we have kids at many different learning stages. With that in mind, we’ve divided our camp into two different age groups: Jr. and Sr. Camp. Each day these groups will be together for some activities and separated for others. Jr. Camp is for children in kindergarten to grade 3 and Sr. Camp is for children in grade 4 to grade 6. We also know that each child is unique and that their grade may not reflect their development level.
If your child fits this description, please let us know.
WHAT DOES A DAY A iKIDS DAY CAMP LOOK LIKE?
At this point, you probably have a good idea of what a day at iKids Day Camp looks like, but we want to break it down for you. Regular Day Camp hours are from 8:30 am to 4:30 pm. Early drop-off and late pick-up will be made available at an additional $5.00 per hour, per child and can be arranged at the time of registration.
DO WE OFFER HALF DAYS?
We are aware that some families are not in need of Full Day Care, and for that reason, we are pleased to offer the options for parents to enroll their campers in either Full Day Camp or Half Day Camp. Full Day Campers would be involved in both the morning and afternoon activities, scheduled from 8:30 am to 4:30 pm as previously mentioned. However, for parents looking for only a few hours of childcare per day, we also offer Half Day Camp which is scheduled from 8:30 am to 12:00 pm. Half Day Campers attend our morning VBS activities, which is a great option for families who were looking to enroll their children in a VBS program during the summer months.
WHAT TO BRING
Each day camper should bring: a labeled peanut-free lunch, water bottle, sunscreen, hat, swimsuit, towel, plastic bag for wet clothes, bug repellent and their iKids day camp shirt.
Note – All campers will receive ONE complimentary iKids Day Camp shirt to take home. T-shirts will be delivered to your child during their first week of programs. Campers registering for multiple weeks will receive their shirt during their first week of camp. We do our best to provide your preferred shirt size, however shirt sizes are not guaranteed.
FULL DAY CAMP
- $165.00 Early Bird registration until March 31
- $175.00 Regular registration until May 15
- $200.00 Late registration after May 15
Included in the Full Day Camp Registration: Child care, craft supplies, two snacks a day, all entrance fees and transportation for field trips.
HALF DAY CAMP
- $75.00 Early Bird registration until March 31
- $85.00 Regular registration until May 15
- $100.00 Late registration after May 15
Registrations will be accepted up to one week prior to the start of the camp you are registering for. After that, registrations will be considered on a case-by-case basis and will depend on space and staffing.
We are pleased to offer online registration as well as an online payment this year. The payment options are as follows:
- Full payment made online by credit card through paypal at the time of registration.
- Full payment made by cash, debit (in person only), or cheque (made payable to Immanuel Pentecostal Church) These forms of payment must be received 5 business days from the time of registration. A $30 fee will be charged for all returned cheques.
- For individuals wishing to pay by installment: this may be set up at the time of registration through the online form. Posted-dated cheques or a credit card number will be required. THIS OPTION IS ONLY AVAILABLE UNTIL JUNE 15.
CANCELLATION | REFUND | TRANFER POLICY
Due to program popularity and limited space available, we ask that you cancel at least ten (10) business days prior to the start of the program for a 90% refund of the program fee. Cancellation with less than ten (10) business days’ notice receive a refund of 60% of the program fee. No refunds will be given for cancellations with less than two (2) business days’ notice.
Campers wishing to transfer weeks after May 15th will be subject to an administrative fee of $15 per child.
In order to make iKids Day Camp accessible to all families, Immanuel Pentecostal Church provides limited subsidies to help offset the cost of the day camp registration fee for families needing financial assistance. After registering and paying the first installment of fees due, families may contact the church office for a subsidy application form. When returning the application form, a copy of their current CRA Notice of Assessment must be attached (parents filing separately must submit both CRA Notice of Assessments). The deadline for subsidy applications is April 30, 2017.
Thanks again for taking the time to learn more about iKids Day Camp! We would love to have you join us at camp this year!
Please don’t wait to get your application in - Space is limited!